Search Again

Parish History


St. Francis of Assisi
Established 1941
1400 households

St. Francis of Assisi Parish was established on September 17, 1941, with Father Edward G. Rosenberger appointed first pastor. Initially parish Masses were offered at the town hall auditorium on Main Street as plans were drawn for a new church. Soon about 2.2 acres on Ellington Road were purchased from Elizabeth A. Nevers. The church was dedicated on November 29, 1942. Currently, St. Francis of Assisi Parish is undergoing a church expansion for an ever-growing congregation.
 
St. Francis of Assisi
673 Ellington Road, South Windsor CT 06074-0952
Telephone: 860-528-8288   Fax: 860-528-1685
Deanery: Manchester
Vicariate: Hartford